Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What We Eat: Week 1


Yes, I know I am a week behind on this post and to be honest I am surprised I am finding the time to do it now. The food for the Christmas party is consuming me and, although I am looking forward to the event, I will be happy when Friday night has come and gone.  Maybe then I will get some things done!

As you read this please note that I am a food junky.  I love food.  I love buying food, I love preparing food and I love eating food.  Food is definitely the yuppie in my yippie.

So there is that.

I am also a stickler for organic dairy and poultry products. Okay, maybe I am a bit obsessive over organic dairy and poultry products, but it is all in attempt to keep my little girl looking like a little girl and not sprouting breasts at the tender age of eight.  I am truly terrified of this and it has kept me up a number of nights.  I know.  I am crazy, but I would rather be crazy then ignorant like I have been in the past.



So here we go:

Monday

Breakfast
     Miles: Enviro kidz cereal in organic skim milk
     Cora: Natures Path oatmeal
     Me: free-trade coffee (kept in stock by my wonderful in-laws) with organic 1/2 & 1/2

Lunch
     Miles: leftover pizza from Anthony's
     Cora: steamed organic mixed veggies
     Me: leftover pizza and hot tea

Dinner:
     Everyone: Wild salmon with french lentils and butternut squash, water, wine for the adults


Tuesday

Breakfast
     Miles: Enviro kidz cereal in organic skim milk
     Cora: organic egg and banana
     Me: free-trade coffee with organic 1/2 & 1/2, banana

Lunch
     Miles: almond butter (because I accidently bought this instead of peanut butter) and jam sandwich on whole wheat bread
     Cora: turkey and pear
     Me: pre packaged asian salad

Dinner:
     Everyone: CPK frozen pizza

Wednesday

Breakfast
     Miles:  Enviro kidz cereal in organic skim milk, banana
     Cora: Natures Path oatmeal, banana
     Me: free-trade coffee with organic 1/2 & 1/2

Lunch
     Miles: Nutella on whole wheat bread, Annies mac and cheese
     Cora: Annies mac and cheese, Organic green puffs
     Me: Corn chipotle bisque

Dinner
     Everyone: Leftover beer braised pork, lentils and smashed potatoes, water and beer for the adults

Thursday:

Breakfast
     Miles and Cora: Organic eggs and toast
     Me:  free-trade coffee with organic 1/2 & 1/2

Lunch
     Miles and Cora: turkey, cheese and crackers
     Me: Corn chipotle bisque

Dinner:
     Everyone: Gallo pinto with sourdough bread and feta cheese (Mark and Miles eat it with fried eggs as well)


Friday

Breakfast:
      Miles and Cora: Natures Path oatmeal, banana
     Me: free-trade coffee with organic 1/2 & 1/2

Lunch:
     Everyone: Annies mac and cheese

Dinner:
      Everyone: leftover gallo pinto with sourdough bread and feta cheese (Mark and Miles eat it with fried eggs as well)

Well, that was week one.  I am not going to record the food on the weekends because we are so busy that I honestly would never remember to keep track.  So other then that I think our menue gives a pretty accurate dipiction of food in our house.

Improvements? I am noticing a lack of vegetables.  In fact I only notice three vegi serving all week.  This need to change so next week I will (attempt) to improve our vegetable consumption.

Omissions?  We drink more beer and wine then I have listed but I am purposely keeping the amounts under wraps.  All I will say is that when you consistently have 20+ gallons of small batch, award winning, artisan brewed beer in your garage you may indulge every now and then.

So long for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment