Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cora's Big Week!


Well, really more like 10 days, but who is counting...



Showing off her first hair cut
Cora got her first hair cut.  It was nothing more than just a trim of the bangs (I decided she will be a little girl with bangs) but I have to say that it is my best work yet.  At least she did not end up with a shaved head like Miles did a few years ago.
Success at long last
Another first: Cora was babysat for the first time!  This is a huge step and it taking place was vital for me to begin school again. We left her and Miles with my parents-in-law for a few short hours while Mark and I went to ACC to attend to financial aid issues. It was a complete success.  Bill was able to calm a crying Cora and even sang her to sleep.  
I am very happy that we waited until Cora was ready and did not rush the process of having another person care for her. I left the house confident and comfortable that she was able to handle the stress of separation as we have been working with Bill and Dotti for months getting her used to multiple caregivers.  Yeah to everyone involved!!
A proud girl posing by her potty
We have also began the long process of potty training with a very successful first three days. She has gone #1 and #2 at least once every day and is now in pull-ups part time.  I am very proud of my big girl and amazed at how fast she is growing. I  have a difficult time believing that so many firsts have occurred this year and January has not even ended.
Cora in her new undies eating her pee-pee cookie treat.
It half makes me sad. 





No comments:

Post a Comment