10 Things About He and I
|Mark and I at the wedding of two good friends|
1) We met at a Halloween party in 2004. I was a fairy. Mark was dressed as the 'ghost of Halloween past.' He had on a white tee shirt and safety pined to it were dozens of pictures of him dressed up in Halloween costumes throughout the years. I still have the picture.
|Unfortunately I do not have a picture of Mark from the night we met. This is me (on the right) with a friend|
2) After only two and a half months of dating we took our first trip to Durango to celebrate Valentines day. (We had to go in mid January because he was leaving in February for a multi-week business trip to Uganda.) We stayed at a wonderful place called Blue Lake Ranch. I loved it so much that I told him, on that trip, that it was going to be the place where we would get married. (see #7)
|At Mesa Verde|
3) Mark took me on my first backpacking trip to Goose Creek Wilderness. The trip was a planned four and a half mile hike in and a four and a half mile hike out. Mark refused to take a map. We got lost. The three day trip turned out to be a 24 mile hike round trip. The good side? We ended up finding the most beautiful remote canyon and the perfect campsite.
|The picture does not do it justice|
4)We moved to Seattle together after dating for less than nine months. I have never had more fun than the two years we lived there with my now brother-in-law. I miss Seattle.
|Our wonderful Seattle house. Anyone want to buy it...|
5)We are spontaneous. After a night of libations and talk of boats we bought a boat together with two friends and named her the 'Happy Ending." Turns out the ending was not so happy and we ended up just giving her to the mechanic who could not seem to get her working for more than one day at a time.
|The 'Happy Ending' herself|
6) Mark proposed twice. Yes twice. The fist time was a cruel joke played on me while on my weekend birthday trip to Whitby Island. I cried. Mark felt so bad that the next time he asked he meant it. Following in his fathers footsteps he proposed on Christmas day 2007.
|The second proposal|
7) We got married on October 13 2008, at Blue Lake Ranch. We rented out the entire ranch for a weekend invited all of our friends and family down and celebrated for three full days. To this day I can not imaging a better wedding.
|The wedding site|
8) Once we were married and settled we tossed around the idea of becoming foster parents. After a month of debating it we went through the massive amount of training and started taking foster placements in the fall of 2009. We had no idea that this decision would make us a family. On December 27 2009, a little boy names Miles came to live with us. On April 12 of 2010, we adopted this wonderful little boy and became (officially) a family of four.
|Miles the day he came to us as a foster child|
9) We make a great team. On October 9 2010, after a week of active labor we welcomed our daughter Cora Beth into the world. There is no doubt that I would not have been able to labor that long if Mark was not there to support and love me.`
|Our darling girl|
10) We continually support and encourage each other to follow our dreams. Whether it is growing a business or making connections in the community and going back to school. We have and will always do what we have to to make each others dreams come true.
|Our last family photo. Christmas 2010|